About Acuity Law
Acuity Law is a dynamic law company with a modern organisational structure and an agile, fluid team-centric model. Not held back by tradition, we are always looking to improve our client service and grow our community of lawyers.
We are a team of instinctively commercial lawyers, passionate about delivering the best legal service with our people and our clients at the heart of everything we do.
As experts in our fields, total quality at all levels of our business is our hallmark. This is our measure of success: long-standing client relationships, helping our clients to achieve their business objectives as an extension of our client’s commercial and legal teams.
About the Team
Due to continued investment and success, our highly regarded, market-leading Construction team is seeking a Solicitor to join their Cardiff operation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established team who are highly ranked in Chambers and Legal 500.
Acuity’s Real Estate & Construction team handles a full range of construction and engineering, real estate transactions and projects, including acquisitions and disposals, development and regeneration, joint ventures, leasing, real estate finance, construction and engineering, as well as the planning and environmental aspects.
You will be part of an 18-strong team comprising lawyers who trained and worked at highly regarded city or national law firms. The construction team has, in recent years, acted on several award winning, high-profile developments and regeneration projects in Cardiff and further afield.
Reporting directly to the Partners of a highly functioning, collaborative, and ambitious team you will be an integral part of Acuity’s non-contentious / transactional Construction offering.
As a Construction Solicitor, you will play a pivotal role in Acuity’s construction service, helping to drive local market share and brand presence.
You will thrive in working on a varied caseload of construction matters and in working collaboratively with the wider business.
- Reviewing and analysing terms of funding agreements and ensuring their requirements are met in the construction documents – reporting on the documents to the lender
- Reviewing, preparing, and amending suites of construction documents, including building contracts, consultant appointments, collateral warranties, parent company guarantees, performance bonds and other construction related documents.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on amendments to standard form building contracts such as the JCT, NEC and FIDIC standard form suites of contracts.
- Assisting to manage a large portfolio of active matters.
As an experienced Construction Solicitor, you will possess the following skills & experience:
- A qualified Solicitor in England & Wales with a minimum of 2 years post-qualifying experience.
- Strong Construction law experience gained at a reputable law firm.
- Ability to actively support complex transactions
- Commercially astute with a passion for keeping up to date with key legal and business news.
- First class relationship building skills and the ability to develop and cement client relations and team working.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an interest in driving and participating in team business development initiatives.
- Good time and file management skills.
- Proactive ‘Can do’ attitude with a flexible approach to working under pressure.
- Experience in process plant, energy, utility and/or infrastructure would be advantageous.
In return, you will receive:
- Competitive salary reviewed annually.
- Attractive bonus scheme.
- Employee benefits to include private healthcare cover and life assurance.
- Defined career progression development plan.
- Autonomy and flexibility to work at home and in the office.