Acuity Law is a dynamic law company with a modern organisational structure and an agile, fluid team-centric model. Not held back by tradition, we’re always looking to improve our client service and grow our community of lawyers.
We’re a team of instinctively commercial lawyers, passionate about delivering the best legal service with our people and our clients at the heart of everything we do.
As experts in our fields, total quality at all levels of our business is our hallmark. This is our measure of success: long-standing client relationships, helping our clients to achieve their business objectives as an extension of our client’s commercial and legal teams.
The firm’s culture is reflected in the quality of service to clients and the speed and precision with which the Acuity Law team gives advice.
The firm’s recent accolades include The Times Best Law Firms of the Year 2020, Law Firm of the Year 2020 at Wales Legal Awards and Law Firm of the Year (Wales) at the Legal 500 Awards.
About The Team
Reporting to the Partners and working with the other members within Acuity’s award-winning and market-leading Corporate Team, as a Corporate Solicitor you will assist on a broad range of corporate matters and transactions.
As a key member of the team, you will assist in advising a wide range of clients, working with start-ups, high-growth companies, and large corporations on complex and high-value corporate transactions. These will include corporate finance & joint ventures with mergers, acquisition & disposals, partnering arrangements, management buy-outs, buy-ins, business transfers and restructuring and PE & VC investments.
To play a pivotal role in the Corporate team, helping to drive market share and brand presence, managing a varied caseload of corporate matters and working with the wider business.
- To provide commercially astute, pragmatic and legally sound company law and business advice
- To comply and adhere with all required processes, policies and procedures ensuing full compliance with all regulatory & firm legislation
- To act as a role model and champion Acuity values both internally and externally
- Contribute to Acuity’s strategic and business planning in addition to the Corporate Team’s other strategies and plans
- Keep up to date with key legal and business news
- Engage with existing and new clients, building first-class and trusted relationships
- Collaborate with peers and colleagues within the Corporate team and the wider business
- A qualified Solicitor in England & Wales
- A minimum of two year’s PQE gained within a Corporate team at a City/national firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commercially astute with sound judgement skills and knowledge of running due diligence and disclosure processes
- A keen interest driving and participating in team business development initiatives
- Proactive ‘Can do’ attitude with a flexible approach to working under pressure
- Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Diligent, rigorous, and consultative approach to work
- Supportive of team members
- Transparent in approach
- Ability to be discrete and confidential
- Collaborative and entrepreneurial mindset