About Acuity Law
Acuity Law is a dynamic law company with a modern organisational structure and an agile,
fluid team-centric model. Not held back by tradition, we are always looking to improve our
client service and grow our business.
We’re a team of instinctively commercial lawyers, passionate about delivering the best legal
service with our people and our clients at the heart of everything we do.
As experts in our fields, total quality at all levels of our business is our hallmark. This is our
measure of success: long-standing client relationships, helping our clients to achieve their
business objectives as an extension of our client’s commercial and legal teams.
The firm’s culture is reflected in the quality of service to clients and the speed and precision
with which the Acuity Law team gives advice.
The firm’s recent accolades include:
The Times Best Law Firms of the Year 2020, Law Firm of the Year 2020 at Wales Legal Awards and Law Firm of the Year (Wales) at the Legal 500 Awards.
The Credit Controller will work as part of the centralised Finance team to provide an efficient,
high-quality finance function the fee-earning community of Acuity Law.
Our central Finance play a pivotal role in ensuring the delivery of a best-in-class support
resource and are a lifeline to the legal professionals of Acuity Law.
Credit Controller Key Responsibilities:
• The minimisation of overdue debt through effective credit control procedures.
• Day to day management of the credit control function.
• Management of the accounts receivable ledger, proactively contacting customers to
ensure invoices are paid to agreed payment terms.
• Maintaining the sales ledger to ensure allocations are regularly processed.
• Reporting on the status of debt and overdue accounts.
• Assisting the Lead Partners with credit related issues and developing new
methodologies as appropriate to improve cash collection.
• Assisting with account reconciliation/payment allocation as necessary.
• Supporting other team members with broader finance activities as requested by the
Finance Officer/Finance Director.
As an experienced Credit Controller you will possess the following skills &
• Previous credit control experience within a highly regulated environment.
• Broader knowledge of accounting procedures.
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to self-manage.
• Strong communication with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• ‘Can Do’ approach to work with the motivation to deliver high quality work on time in
a pressured environment.
• Sound analytical skills and the ability to produce accurate financial reports.
• Passion for delivering excellent customer service.
• Knowledge of a Practice Management System advantageous.
In return, you will receive:
• Competitive salary reviewed annually.
• Attractive employee benefits to include private healthcare cover and life assurance.
• Defined career progression development plan.
• Autonomy and flexibility to work at home and in the office.