About Acuity Law
Acuity Law is a dynamic law company with a modern organisational structure and an agile, fluid team-centric model. Not held back by tradition, we’re always looking to improve our client service and grow our community of lawyers.
We’re a team of instinctively commercial lawyers, passionate about delivering the best legal service with our people and our clients at the heart of everything we do.
As experts in our fields, total quality at all levels of our business is our hallmark. This is our measure of success: long-standing client relationships, helping our clients to achieve their business objectives as an extension of our client’s commercial and legal teams.
The HR Assistant will be responsible for maintaining and updating employee records and employee documentation including contracts, recruitment paperwork and onboarding packs as well as managing various HR documents and internal databases such as holiday and leave.
The role will also support the business with onboarding and recruitment, the creation and implementation of staff policies and procedures, and internal employee relations issues and performance processes, under the direction of the management board.
- Forming and maintaining employee records via PeopleHR, including holiday and sickness absence
- Assisting with the coordination of the Firm’s junior lawyer recruitment processes
- Managing sickness absences and return to work meetings
- Preparing and amending where necessary HR documents, i.e., employment contracts, policies and procedures and recruitment guides
- Assisting with offer and new starter documentation
- Compile reports and HR related statistics
- Supporting and coordinating the Firm’s onboarding processes and leavers
- Assisting with employee relations issues
- Support with other HR duties and projects, as required
In time and for the right individual, the role could develop into a more senior role with a greater level of responsibility.
Skills & Experience
- A clear desire to embark on a career in HR
- First class communication skills and the ability to liaise with a wide range of audiences
- Coordinating and responding to the needs of a wide range of stakeholders in a fast paced, multicultural environment
- Highly competent in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Whilst working towards a HR-related qualification would be a bonus, a flexible attitude to work, a keen eye for detail and great organisation skills would be more desirable for this position
Competitive with a comprehensive benefits package and career development path.