About Acuity Law
Acuity Law is a dynamic law firm with a modern organisational structure and an agile, fluid team-centric model. Not held back by tradition, we are always looking to improve our client service and grow our community of lawyers.
We are a team of instinctively commercial lawyers, passionate about delivering the best legal service with our people and our clients at the heart of everything we do.
As experts in our fields, total quality at all levels of our business is our hallmark. This is our measure of success: long-standing client relationships, helping our clients to achieve their business objectives as an extension of our client’s commercial and legal teams.
The firm’s culture is reflected in the quality of service to clients and the speed and precision with which the Acuity Law team gives advice.
About The Team
Reporting to the Property Litigation Lead Partner and working with the other members across Acuity’s industry-leading Litigation & Dispute Resolution team, as a Property Litigation Associate, you will be amongst experts, pre-empting the contentious issues that could surface in our client’s commercial relationships, taking steps to minimise them and reacting quickly and effectively when disputes do arise.
As a key member of the team, you will handle a wide range of high profile & complex types of property litigation matters for claimants and defendants, with a client-centric, solution-focused approach. Identifying the unique and relevant commercial drivers, the commercial imperatives for resolution, and then determining the correct and relevant actions. You will be able to deal with the day-to-day management of your own caseload of files as well as assist with the supervising and mentoring of junior fee earners,
The team’s varied workload covers all types of property litigation, with significant expertise in landlord and tenant disputes, dilapidation claims, sale and purchase disputes, service charges, lease extensions, renewals and enfranchisement, possession claims, boundary disputes, asset-based disputes and forfeiture.
Reporting directly to the Partners of a highly functioning, collaborative, and ambitious team you will be an integral part of Acuity’s Corporate offering.
As a Corporate Associate, you will play a pivotal role in Acuity’s corporate offering, helping to drive local market share and brand presence.
You will thrive in managing a varied caseload of corporate matters and in working collaboratively with the wider business.
- A qualified Solicitor in England & Wales with a minimum of 4 years post-qualifying experience within a reputable property litigation team.
- Strong property litigation experience gained at a City or national law firm.
- A proven track record in delivering technical excellence and in leading workstreams and negotiations
- Commercially astute with a passion for keeping up to date with key legal and business news
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an interest in driving and participating in team business development initiatives
- Proactive ‘Can do’ attitude with a flexible approach to working under pressure
- Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Diligent, rigorous, and consultative approach to work
- Supportive of team members
- Transparent in approach
- Ability to be discrete and confidential
- Collaborative and entrepreneurial mindset
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salary reviewed annually.
- 25 days holiday.
- Private health care cover.
- Life assurance.
- Defined career progression development plan.
- Autonomy and flexibility to work at home and in the office.